Tell me about OSM Foundation Working Groups
The OSM Foundation Working Groups are volunteers who manage and run various aspects of OpenStreetMap.
Licensing Working Group
- Handling issues relating the the current license for OSM data
Data Working Group
- Resolving issues about copyright violations, data disputes, vandalism, and automated edits beyond the normal means of the community.
- Helping to set policy on data.
Communication Working Group
- Maintaining blog.openstreetmap.org and OpenStreetMap accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
- Making announcements and project news written with the official “voice of the foundation”
- Responding to press contacts.
- Overseeing design and content on osmfoundation.org
Operations Working Group
- Planning and maintenance of the OSM API and servers.
Engineering Working Group
- Engaging and assisting developers to develop OSM software.
State of the Map Organizing Committee
- Organizing and executing the annual worldwide OpenStreetMap Foundation Conference, “State of the Map”
Membership Working Group
- Administering the membership database
- Answering routine membership queries
- Increasing OSMF Membership